Looking for a thoughtful and sustainable Valentine’s gift? Give the gift of self-care with this simple exfoliating scrub that’s perfect for everyone from your partner to your Galentine. With only five ingredients, this recipe gives your morning coffee grounds a new lease on life and encourages your loved ones (and you) to indulge in some much-needed me-time.
With the energizing aroma of coffee, we love adding this to our morning shower routine to get the day started. The exfoliating blend of ingredients will leave your skin soft and glowing for the day ahead.
- Coffee contains antioxidants, helps stimulate and promote healthy circulation, and with coconut sugar, gently exfoliates dry skin.
- Coconut oil is full of vitamins and minerals that help keep your skin glowing and moisturized.
- Both cinnamon and nutmeg have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help smooth and brighten your skin’s appearance.
Homemade Coffee Body Scrub
- 1 cup of ground coffee
- Use fresh grounds or re-purpose grounds used to make your morning coffee. If reusing grounds, allow them to dry before mixing with other ingredients. Opt for Fair Trade certified coffee if available.
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- ½ cup of organic coconut oil
- Melt coconut oil if it is hardened, but allow it to cool to room temperature before mixing with other ingredients.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
Gently mix all the ingredients and store your scrub in an airtight recyclable container for up to two weeks. We love using the little 4oz Ball Mason jars when gifting.
Featured: The Everday Bra and The Everday Thong from our sustainable underwear collection, The Goods. Grab your second cup and slip into these ultra-lightweight and silky smooth sets. Perfect for Valentine’s gifting, The Goods are made from sustainable materials both the planet and your skin will love. Plus each item plants ten trees.
Keep Reading: 6 Ways To Make Your Valentine’s Day More Sustainable