Last Earth Day, we launched Climate+ — packages that plant trees to offset our everyday carbon emissions, rehabilitate ecosystems, and provide jobs across the globe. We joined forces with big names like Ellen Degeneres and DeAndre Jordan to plant even more trees and offset more CO2 emissions. We ended up planting a total 185,050 trees through Climate+ for Earth Day in 2020.
This year, we knew we wanted to do something even bigger and better for our planet. Enter, Planet Partners.
About Planet Partners
In honor of Earth Month, we teamed up with like-minded champions of sustainability, or “Planet Partners” — Nature’s Path, Pela Case, PATH, Wilson Sporting Goods and Tru Earth — to offset our collective environmental impact by planting trees.
Planet Partners was a month-long campaign where we shed light on five critical sustainability issues through collaborative product launches and initiatives. And the best part? Each Planet Partner pledged to plant a certain amount of trees, plus encouraging their community to help do the same, adding even more seedlings to the 53 million trees we’d planted globally to date.
Each week in April, we introduced a new Planet Partner initiative or product drop to tackle a common climate problem, encourage environmental stewardship and inspire consumers to be more conscious through small, yet impactful actions in their everyday lives that add up to big change for the planet.
This Earth Month, with the help of our Planet Partners and our loyal community (that’s you!) we planted a total of 2,001,238 trees!
What’s the impact of 2,001,238 trees?
- 20,000 hours of work to those who need it most
- 200 hectares of land reforested — that’s equivalent to 480 football fields
- 24,000 tonnes of CO2 removed from the atmosphere
That’s a massive amount of trees, and all of that happened in one month. This partnership with our Planet Partners has reaffirmed the incredible impact we can have to better the earth when we come together.
As if the tree planting wasn’t enough, here are some ways our Planet Partners have done better by the planet and those who live on it.
- 7,934 zero waste laundry products replaced conventional options as a result of Tru Earth
- 100,000 meals were provided to those in need with the help of Nature’s Path
- 5,000 plastic water bottles were replaced by PATH’s refillable aluminium water bottles
- 9,241 plastic cases were replaced by Pela’s 100% compostable phone cases, each case reducing waste production by 70%
- 1,000,000 of those trees were planted by Wilson Tennis
While Earth Month comes to an end, we’re just building momentum. We’re one step closer to meeting our audacious goal of planting 1 billion trees by 2030, and we can’t do it without you. So let’s keep planting together.
Ways to plant:
Check out our Climate+ packages to offset the carbon emissions from your daily routine and life’s pleasures.
Explore our apparel: every item plants 10 trees.